Where in the World are Dr. Langberg & Dr. Monroe?
In 2014 Dr. Langberg and Dr. Monroe travelled to Rwanda with 12 American colleagues and GTRI students to support the inaugural meeting of the Rwandan Association of Christian Counselors as well as to offer training and encouragement to trauma healing volunteers of the Bible Society of Rwanda. The training included topics such as suicide, addictions, and domestic violence.
In addition, Dr. Monroe provided training to the Bible Society of Uganda regarding PTSD and advanced listening skills. In 2015 Dr. Monroe took another group of students and GTRI graduates to Rwanda. GTRI Fellows Carol King, Heather Evans, and Desiree Guyton led the 2016 trip to Rwanda. Stay tuned for the next Immersion Trip, Summer 2017.
Upcoming GTRI faculty speaking events include:
- January 30-February 2, 2017, consultation with the Bible Society of Denmark (Phil)
- February 4-11, 2017, HWT training in Lebanon with the Bible Society of Lebanon (Phil)
- February 8, 2017, Counseling lecture series, Covenant Seminary, St Louis, MO (Diane)
- March 14-16, 2017, Trauma Healing Community of Practice. See upcoming events at the ABS website (Phil and Diane)
- March 31, 2017, Making the Church a Safe Place for Victims, Foundations Christian Counseling Conference (Phil)
- April 6-8, 2017, Berry College Seminars on Sexual Abuse (Diane)
- April 30-May 6, 2017, Ukraine University Project (Diane)